The LED Specialist stock a vast and varied range of commercial LED lights and fixtures suitable for all industrial, commercial, and retail environments. We are experts in LED lighting, and we can provide you with an energy-saving alternative to halogen and incandescent lighting that can reduce your carbon footprint significantly and save you money.
Many businesses are reluctant to make the switch over to LED lighting as they are put off by the higher cost price of LEDs when compared to conventional lighting. The reality, which is frequently looked over, is that the purchase price is a rather small part of the cost of the light bulb or fitting, you also need to consider the lifetime operational costs of the lamp, or the fixture accompanied by the lifetime maintenance costs as the LED will last up to 50 times longer.
So, while it may cost less to purchase conventional lighting like halogen and incandescent lighting, these lamps and fixtures cost more to run as they use a significantly higher amount of energy. In comparison, LEDs might have a slightly higher purchase price, but they have a short payback period and will pay for themselves many times over due to lower energy consumption.
Another reason companies choose to install commercial LED light fixtures is the reduced maintenance costs associated with LED lighting. These energy-efficient light bulbs have a longer lamp life when compared to conventional lighting in most cases up to fifty times longer. A standard halogen or incandescent light will need to be replaced around 25 times in the lifetime of one single LED light bulb. If a facilities company are charging you to do this that can equate to a large saving on labour and call-out time.
The latest building and wiring regulations for Industrial & Commercial lighting promote the use of Emergency lighting, and more and more businesses are now turning to Emergency LED lighting to comply with these regulations. It is a statutory requirement that businesses fit their premises with emergency lighting, to allow the safe and efficient evacuation of all staff and visitors in the event of an emergency.
Emergency Lighting comes with a battery pack that is continuously charged when the mains voltage is present, when that is removed or fails the backup power kicks in for at least 3 hours and dims the light output by 70% in an emergency. Pro-active businesses are switching over from incandescent to Emergency LED lighting to comply with regulations and save money on energy and maintenance costs in the long run.
LED lighting offers businesses some other useful technologies other than emergency which can greatly impact running costs such as dimming, occupancy sensors, corridor function and smart controls. Sensors are particularly attractive for areas such as underground car parks, corridors, restrooms, and stairways where the light doesn’t have to be on all the time and gets switched on by a sensor when it detects movement and turns off when no one is in the area.
Sensors and dimming allow the light or fixture to only use a fraction of the energy compared to if it was on all the time or at full capacity thus driving even further energy savings.
LED Lighting in Commercial & Industrial Applications.
Our commercial lighting range from the market’s leading brands such as Philips Lighting, Ansell, Osram and Integral comes with a minimum 5-year manufacturer’s warranty that covers a broad range of applications which includes and is not limited to:-
- Warehouse and Storage LED lighting
- Car Parking LED lighting
- Office LED lighting
- Sports venues LED lighting (indoor & outdoor)
- LED lighting for Factories
- LED lighting for Distribution Centres
- LED lighting for Manufacturing Centres
- Exhibition Centre LED lighting
- Food & Beverage LED lighting
- Cold Storage LED lighting
- Borough, Town & City Councils
- LED Panels: We have supplied led panels to education facilities, commercial offices, managed offices and retail industries as a direct replacement for fluorescent tubes and other conventional ceiling light fittings. LED panels give instant light without flickering which has been proven to aid productivity. The LED panels we stock are UGR>19 making them office compliant. UGR>19 panels have a low glare rating and make it comfortable to look at a computer screen for extended periods.
- LED High/Low Bay: These are great for replacing High-Intensity Discharge lamps, SON and/or Metal Halide lamps, giving instant energy saving for warehouses, especially storage facilities. For example, a 250W Metal Halide lamp with a 1,000-hour lamp life can be replaced by a 50W LED High Bay with 50,000 hours. We have supplied these mainly for warehouse and storage facilities, but it’s not limited to these industries and has supplied a local distribution centre, which has made huge savings since switching over.
High and low bay lighting fixtures are both used to illuminate large areas and mounted onto high ceilings to provide stronger light while reducing glare.
Ceiling height is the best way to compare high bay vs. low bay lighting. Low bay fixtures only work with ceilings that are between 12-20 feet high. High bay light fixtures can illuminate ceilings that are 20-45 feet high.
The lightings also differ in strength. Low bay lighting is below 100 watts while high bay lighting can go above 100 watts.
- LED Battens (Striplights): These fittings have by far the biggest flexibility when it comes to applications, and we have supplied the fittings to schools, hospitality, offices, factories, warehouses, workshops, and other industries as direct replacements for fluorescent tube lighting. They come in different sizes ranging from 2 feet to six feet with emergency or sensor technology to comply with regulations or drive further energy savings.
- Commercial Outdoor Lighting: Our range of outdoor LED lighting has widely been used by Borough councils for street lighting, car park lighting and sports venues. Many of the outdoor Led bulbs in our range are retrofit replacements for incandescent lamps without the need for re-wiring the fixtures. Businesses have also benefitted by replacing high-wattage conventional lighting with LEDs where outdoor lights are left on overnight either for security reasons or for the safety of employees working at night.
The benefits for businesses to switch over to LED lighting from incandescent and halogens for commercial premises are quite evident. Apart from reducing energy consumption and lowering electricity bills, it reduces maintenance costs as they require replacing less frequently. With more and more businesses accepting their environmental responsibility all of this can greatly and positively affect your carbon footprint.
Speak to one of our LED lighting experts we can help with the design, supply, and installation of commercial LED lighting but most importantly we can provide you with a free energy-saving report showing how much you can save by switching over to energy-efficient commercial LED lighting.